Douglas King Award – Conditions of Entry
Please read the entry conditions. A link to the entry form is at the bottom of this page.
This competition is open only to residents of the UK and RoI.
This competition is open to freelancers and staff writers alike.
The article must have been published for the first time between 1st July 2019 and 30th June 2020.
The article must have been published in a recognised magazine, book, or online (eg website, blog) and be relevant to the leisure vehicle industry.
The written article must wholly be the entrant’s own work.
One entry per entrant may be submitted.
Submissions must be made via ONE PDF document arranged in the correct order. If multiple PDFs are received, only the first one received will be considered.
The entrant confirms that they have obtained all releases and consents necessary to submit, exhibit, publish and otherwise use of the entry for the purposes described in these conditions of entry:
- the entry does not contain any form of computer virus, worm, trojan and/or any form of malware, and is otherwise uncorrupted;
- as of the date of submission, the entry is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation, claim or complaint;
- the entry does not contain any material that is offensive, defamatory, discriminating, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening or is otherwise unlawful;
- the entry does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party;
- the entry does not and will not violate any Applicable Laws.
Minimum article length is 200 words. Maximum article length is 2,500 words. Articles longer than 2,500 words may be entered but only the first 2,500 words will be considered unless the entrant stipulates which excerpt they wish to be entered.
Entry must be made in full and complete form before midnight (BST) 14th July 2020.
The CWG and Vantage Insurance bear no responsibility for any loss, damage, or penalty incurred as a result of the entrant’s participation and/or involvement in the Awards.
If the entry contains any material or elements that are not owned and/or licensed by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is:
- responsible for obtaining any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the entry prior to submission of the entry; and
- is liable for any loss, damage, claim or penalty associated with its failure to comply with this requirement; and
- will indemnify the CWG and Vantage Insurance against any loss, damage, claim or penalty associated with its failure to comply with this requirement.
The CWG and the Judges reserve their right to reject, disqualify, withdraw, review and/or reverse the decision to award an entry any time, in the event that the entrant has failed to comply with these conditions of entry.
The entrant agrees that neither the CWG, Judges, sponsor, nor the CWG committee will be liable in any way for any decision.
The CWG and/or Judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry, or who tampers with the entry process.
The CWG and/or Judges reserve the right to disregard any part or parts of an entry or work, without disqualifying or disregarding the entry or work in its entirety.
Any decision will be final. Individual feedback will be given privately after the Awards Ceremony, but no further correspondence will be entered into subsequently.
From all the entries, a shortlist of the top three will be decided, from which there will be one winner.
The entrant (and his/her partner if so desired) may be invited to attend the CWG Awards Dinner at Stonebridge Golf Club ONLY if their entry is shortlisted. A maximum of two places per shortlisted entrant. Charges apply to those attending the dinner (currently £35 per person) and expenses (including but not limited to travel and accommodation) will not be considered.
All entrants grant the CWG and Vantage Insurance permission to reproduce the article or part thereof in publicity.
The entrant confirms that the CWG and Vantage Insurance are not required to pay a fee to use, reproduce or exhibit any article entered in the Awards.
All entrants agree to be photographed and to allow the CWG and Vantage Insurance to use said photography in the promotion of the awards scheme.